Approximately 220 million Americans have visual impairment defined as distance visual acuity of 20/50 or worse. Among them, more than 114 million Americans could have improved their vision to 20/40 or better with refractive correction.
Many of those Americans live in areas that are underserved by hospitals, physicians and other health care providers. It makes sense that when they need prescriptions, they would go to the same place to get their vision tested as they go to get their glasses or contact lenses. But not all optical stores can afford to have an OD on site, even if they could find one, which isn’t always the case.
Enter optical telemedicine. It’s the new, disruptive technology that’s sweeping the nation and revolutionizing the optical industry. It enables state licensed ophthalmologists to provide prescriptions to patients in your store, without you needing to have an OD onsite.
Our free e-book, “How Optical Stores Can Profit from the Telemedicine Revolution,” will tell you everything you need to know to determine if your store is a candidate for the increased profitability, empowered customer service, and more convenient vision testing that could change the way you do business.
In this free 12-page e-book, you’ll discover:
- The potential impact of telehealth technology on eye care
- How telemedicine will be applied in the eye care industry
- What the telehealth-enabled vision stores of tomorrow will look like
- How telemedicine will affect optical store operations and profitability
- How telemedicine and self-administered vision exams will benefit optical stores
- The 5-minute vision test that is increasing roi by 500% and reducing remake rates to 0
- and so much more!
Our e-book lays out the facts and statistics you’ll need to make an informed decision about deploying optical telemedicine solutions in your store.